This is a difficult and confusing time. Many of us are navigating a new normal and have questions about what to do and how we can support our neighbors experiencing homelessness during this pandemic.
Luckily, there are a lot of things that you can do from wherever you’re sitting and while practicing the recommended physical distancing. Whatever resources you have at the moment and whatever experience or skills you bring with you, we need your support.
- Donate to the United Way of Greater Los Angeles Pandemic Relief Fund to help us reduce the spread of the virus in homeless encampments and shelters, and help pay the bills for people in danger of losing their homes.
- Contact an Everyone In organizer and discuss how you can get plugged into our work in your own neighborhood.
- Read the HealthyLA Coalition demands in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic and take action from your laptop or phone to demand protections for our most vulnerable populations.
- Read about the plan to end homelessness in L.A. County on our website.
- Watch these video profiles of outreach workers on our YouTube channel and share them.
- Check out the Housing Map on our website and find out how much supportive and affordable housing is in your neighborhood.
- Participate in an Orientation Call and tweet out one thing you learned to us @Everyonein_LA.
- Call one of your elected representatives at the city or county level and tell them that you support the more than half a million renters who are rent burdened and made more vulnerable by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Invite a friend to join the movement to end homelessness in L.A. County.
- Recruit someone to join an online workshop, where you’ll learn more about how to make a positive for people experiencing homelessness in your community.